Hive Industries Mk I "Stinger" Hi-Tech Weapon System
Based upon the Herstal F2000, this Hi-Tech Weapon System is thought for exclusive use to the Hive Industries "Light Bee" Troopers (or simply "Light Bees"), with Pros from many different Weapons - especially from the F2000 itself, of which the "Stinger" represents an Evolution - and none of their Cons, plus some innovative solutions exclusively offered by the Hive Industries.
The Mk I "Stinger" Combat Rifle features an Advanced Bullpup Configuration - the same seen on the "Crysis 2" Feline SMG - which, compared to the regular Bullpup Configuration, reduces even more the Weapon Overall Length by placing the Chamber much closer to the Butt Pad, thus having either a shorter Stock with the same Barrel Length or the same Stock Length with an elongated Barrel.
For the Mk I "Stinger" Combat Rifle, it is the second option; for the SMG Variant, it is the first one.
Another Peculiarity of the Mk I "Stinger" Combat Rifle is the Feed System:
with the knowledge achieved through Weapons like the Herstal P90 SMG, it is capable of using High Capacity Horizontal Bottom Detachable Box Magazines filled with 90- or 150-Round "Rotated" Belts;
rounds are chambered through a "Chamber Shaft" which lifts/loads each one to the Chamber, immediately after passing a Rotating Lid at the Top Angle of the Magazine;
this way, an incredible amount of Ammunition can be fired from a single Magazine, which has comparable Dimensions to a 60-Round Quad Stack Magazine and only 10 Rounds less than a Beta C-Mag!
Also, the Horizontal Bottom Magazine solution offers an High Capacity Magazine while allowing the Operator to easily and quickly reload, without the need of Focusing on the Reload itself, and granting an enhanced Mobility over traditional and more common Quad Stack and Drum Magazines - even from a Prone Position - .
The Mk I "Stinger" Heavy Rifle Variant, instead, works without the "Chamber Shaft" - thus improving even more Capacity - and uses Xtreme Capacity Horizontal Detachable Box Magazines which, however, aren't filled with "Rotated" Belts but Regular ones:
Magazines are made of 3 Attached High Capacity Box Magazines which overlap their Base Plates on each other after depleting their Ammunition.
They carry up to 300 and 505 Caseless Rounds, while retaining a similar Size to 200-Round Box Magazines used for the M249!
Other Exclusive Features include:
- the "Beak" Flash Hider which, thanks to the "Remote" and "Shape-Memory" Technologies, can be turned into a Sound Suppressor in about a second;
- the "W.I.L.D.", which disables the "Stinger" Combat Rifle when not in use by a Bee, thus preventing its use by someone else;
- the "C.H.S.", which is a Cooling Device located in place of the Herstal F2000 Forward Ejection Channel/Route;
- the "R.C.S.", a Recoil Absorbing Mechanism which significantly contains the Recoil;
- the "A.R.R.O.W.", a revolutionary Sighting System which works in conjuction with the "H.E.L.M.", thus providing the Operator several advantages;
- the "Bee-Grip", a Tactical Folding Foregrip which can be regulated to obtain an Angled, a Horizontal or a Vertical Foregrip.
Although being lighter and having a reduced Stock, the Mk I "Stinger" is still a bit bulky, similarly to the Herstal F2000 itself;
it appears to be the only Drawback for this Weapon...
- Trademark: Hive Industries.
- Weapon Category: Standard Issue Combat Rifle.
- Weapon Configuration: Advanced Bullpup.
- Barrel Length: 18".
- Effective Range: 850 m.
- Feed System: High Capacity, Horizontal Bottom 90-Round Belt Detachable Box Magazine; Extended 150-Round Magazine.
- Ammunition: 4x45mm SCAR/5.56x45mm NATO Caliber; Caseless (M855A1 Standard, Incendiary, Match, APDS, APFSDS).
- Rate Of Fire: Extreme, 1000-1200 RPM.
- Weight: 2.0 Kg, SMG Variant empty and without Accessories; 2.2 Kg, SMG Variant with a 75-Round Magazine and Accessories; 2.4 Kg, SMG Variant with a 120-Round Magazine and Accessories; 2.8 Kg, Combat Rifle Variant empty and without Accessories; 3.0 Kg, Combat Rifle Variant with a 90-Round Magazine and Accessories; 3.2 Kg, Combat Rifle Variant with a 150-Round Magazine and Accessories; 3.5 Kg, Heavy Rifle Variant with a 300-Round Magazine and Accessories; 3.8 Kg, Heavy Rifle with a 505-Round Magazine and Accessories.
- Material: Titanium-made External Body and Internal Components; Carbon Fiber Barrel.
- Accessory Rails: 4.
- Current Available Variants: SMG (with Raised Top Rail, 4.6x30mm H&K/5.7x28mm Herstal/6.5x25mm CBJ Caliber, 1500 RPM, 75- and 120-Round Magazines); HR (Heavy Rifle, with Adjustable Bipod, 5.56x45mm NATO/7.62x51mm NATO/8.6x64mm (.338 Norma Magnum) Caliber, 800-1000 RPM, 300- and 505-Round Magazines); SR (Sniper Rifle, Conventional and Bullpup Designs, Semi-Auto and Bolt-Action Versions, from 7.62x51mm NATO to 12.7x99mm BMG with Exclusive 12.7x108mm Russian Conversion, from 5- to 10-Round Magazines plus 20- to 30-Round Drum Magazines).
- Shape-Memory "Beak" Flash Hider/Sound Suppressor.
- "W.I.L.D." (W.eapon I.nstant L.ockdown D.evice).
- "C.H.S." (C.ryogenic H.eat-Dissipation S.ystem).
- "R.C.S." (R.ecoil C.ounterbalance S.ystem).
- "A.R.R.O.W." (A.daptive R.eticle-Scan R.anging O.bjective W.eapon) Sighting System.
- Detachable "Bee-Grip" Tactical Vertical Angled Folding Foregrip.
- Herstal F2000 (Body; Bullpup Configuration; Standard Caliber; Combat Rifle Variant).
- Herstal P90 (High Capacity Horizontal Detachable Box Magazines; Bullpup Configuration; SMG Variant Alternative Caliber).
- Herstal M249 (Heavy Rifle Variant; High Capacity Box Magazines).
- LSAT LMG (Caseless Ammunition; High Capacity Belt Box Magazines; Heavy Rifle Variant).
- Crye Association MR-C (High Capacity Horizontal Bottom Detachable Box Magazines; Bullpup Configuration).
- Colt Mk12 SPR (Barrel Length; Caliber).
- STK CPW (SMG Variant Alternative Calibers).
- H&K MP7A1 (SMG Variant Alternative Caliber).
- H&K OICW (Silhouette, with the "Bee-Grip" and the "A.R.R.O.W." attached).
- "Crysis 2" Feline SMG (Advanced Bullpup Configuration; Rate Of Fire).
- "Crysis 2" Mk20 SCAR and Mk21 SCARAB (Combat Rifle Variant Alternative Caliber).
- "Appleseed: Ex Machina" Hecate StG-1002 (High Capacity Magazine; Compact Design).
- "Deus Ex: Human Revolution" FR-27 Sanction (High Capacity Horizontal Box Magazine; Compact Design).
- "Deus Ex: Human Revolution" Heavy Rifle (Heavy Rifle Variant; High Capacity Box Magazine).